March 7 - 10, 2016
|Let Our Experience Solve Your Problem |
|Applied Plasma Technologies, LLC (APT) develops and manufactures extremely wide range of unique plasma based technologies exclusively at its production and test facilities in Springfield, VA, USA.
Our product list includes:
Visit FundAnything to see our Sewage Sludge-to-Electricity and Heat Project
- plasma igniters, pilots, and plasma fuel nozzles for reliable ignition, flame and emission control in gas turbines, high speed propulsion systems, boilers, furnaces, and chemical reactors
- flexi-fuel plasma assisted combustors, afterburners, thermal oxidizers, tail gas burners for super-low heating value (SLHV) gas (from 2.5 MJ/kg) processing, gas turbine combustors for 2.5 MJ/kg to 47 MJ/kg HV gas, based on both direct and reverse vortex flows, with positive and negative (suction effect) inlet pressure
- plasma gasifiers and reactors for high H2 yield syngas and chemicals production from coal dust and slurry, biosolids (sewage sludge), biomass, waste hydrocarbons, renewable energy sources. Fuel reformers for SOFC
- 1-5 MW Integrated Plasma Gasification Combined Cycle power plants
- methane plasma reformers for non-catalyst syngas and C2-C3 hydrocarbons production (acetylene, ethylene, etc.), including small scale GTL modules with 50 - 2,000 bpd capacity
- plasma equipment for mineral processing to improve recovery rate of the latent metals, including the precious metals
- plasma torches from 100 W to 500 kW power (ICP/RF) and 10-20 bar pressure
- plasma reactors for liquid fertilizer production from air and water
All products employ custom, both thermal and non-thermal plasma torches, available for 1 to 20+ bar pressure operation with power in plasma from 10 W to 500 kW.
Targeted mainly on industrial applications, which need plasma sources with near unlimited lifetime, APT has pioneered development of a new generation of electrode-less torches also known as inductively coupled (ICP) or radio-frequency (RF) plasma torches and became the world's first manufacturer of high pressure plasma systems with virtually unlimited lifetime. In December, 2012 APT has reported achieved operation pressure level of 7 bar.
APT also conducts research and development in such promising fields as medical, municipal waste, and bio-mass gasification, hydrogen and nano-powders production, plasma coatings and surface treatment by sub- and supersonic plasma jets, plasma purification of waste water, food processing and pasteurization, establishes a new branch of science named plasma mineralogy.
Focused on searching and validation of innovative plasma based technologies for further commercialization and mass production, APT develops and manages several international projects, including New Generation High Power & High Pressure (up to 20 bar) ICP/RF Torches (click here to see Torch 1 in operation on air and Torch 2 in operation on argon); Supersonic Plasma Igniters for Scramjets and Rocket Motors; Plasma Fuel Nozzles for Gas Turbines; Plasma Enhanced Tornado Combustors; High Frequency Gas Ionizers; Waste-to-Power Plants; Plasma Assisted Coal Combustion and Gasification Modules with Regulated Syngas Composition; etc.
From 2005 APT is the organizer and host of the annual International Conference on Plasma Assisted Technologies (ICPAT), former IWEPAC, which provides forum for developers and consumers of all plasma based technologies. ICPAT-10 will be organized in cooperation with the International Plasma Technology Center, U.S.A. It will be held 7-10 March, 2016 in Cancun, Mexico.
Our Book Store to download the books of extended abstracts of IWEPAC-3 to ICPAT-8 conferences.
APT has founded International Plasma Technology Center as the US non-profit corporation and is working with investors on establishing a Plasma Revolving Fund to help both researchers and their customers worldwide develop and bring to the world market place advanced plasma based technologies.
APT has established an International Council of Experts in the field of plasma assisted combustion and gasification, which provides consultative services to help government institutions, investors, and industry experts navigate in the field of plasma based technologies, review the projects with significant social and environmental impact, start working on the National Plasma Assisted Combustion Roadmap to develop an integrated plan to advance the field.
APT is a recognized leader in development and manufacturing of advanced plasma products for industrial, marine, and aerospace applications with over 2,000 plasma systems in operation worldwide.
Please note, PLASMA IS NOT A MAGIC WAND! Every plasma product is unique, developed to satisfy specific customer needs, and in many cases can not be open for public due to confidentiality limitations and export control regulations.
WE ARE NOT A BLOOD PLASMA DONATION CENTER!